How do I set a custom network fee?
- How to set a custom network fee in your desktop Atomic Wallet app
- How to set a custom network fee in your mobile Atomic Wallet app
How to set a custom network fee in your desktop Atomic Wallet app
Every transaction on the blockchain requires a network fee, that is how the system works. The network fee is paid to miners to include the transaction on the blockchain. The amount of the fee is codependent to the fact of how fast your transaction will be taken by the miners and included in the block. For you, it will effectively mean how fast your asset will be delivered to the receiving address. The higher the fee – the faster the speed.
In Atomic Wallet, all the fees are set in such a way to ensure fast and safe confirmation on the blockchain according to the current loading of the network.
The network fees can be fixed or can vary due to several factors. For BTC and BTC-like assets, the network fees are influenced by the number of inputs on the address.
Starting from 2.3.0 versions of Atomic Wallet it is possible to adjust the custom fee for BTC, LTC and ETH coins. Here is a step by step guide.
- Open Atomic Wallet.
- Search for BTC in the coin list and click on it.
- Then click on Send.
- You will then see an interface for sending BTC. Here you need to specify the receiving address, amount to send (in BTC or USD). Below the Available balance, you see the default Network Fee set by Atomic Wallet, which also considers the number of inputs that you have. Click on Set Fee to set the fee manually.
- You will see a scale Slow to Fast, which indicates how fast your transaction will be included on the blockchain. By moving the cursor you can adjust the fee you wish to pay for the transaction. Your Available balance and Network fee will change accordingly.
Important: if you set the network fee too low and the network will be overloaded, your transaction can remain unconfirmed for a long time (up to several days). The default network fee ensures the transaction to be included in the next 1-2 blocks. We recommend taking the default fee as a starting point. Note: Atomic Wallet won’t be able to speed-up your transaction on the blockchain if you set the network fee too low. In extra cases, you may use BTC.COM service to make a paid request for miners to pick up your transaction out of the queue.
- Double-check the information and click Send.
- You will then see a confirmation of your sending operating along with the transaction hash. Click on it to track your transaction on the blockchain and see, if it is yet confirmed or not.
How to set a custom network fee in your mobile Atomic Wallet app
You can manually adjust the network fee for BTC, LTC and ETH. The default commission is set in such a way to ensure fast and safe blockchain confirmation. If you lower the fee, it might take more time for the transaction to be confirmed. Setting the commission higher is recommended when the network is overloaded.
- Open the wallet.
- Click on BTC from the coin list.
- Then click Send.
- You will see the interface for sending. Enter the recipient address and amount to send.
- Click Set Fee.
- Move the scale from low to high commission. And click Send.
Note: low commission can result in long confirmation up to several days if the network is overloaded.
- Confirm your password.
- Success! Click on the transaction to track it on the block explorer.