How do I send an asset in Atomic Wallet?
How to send an asset in the desktop Atomic Wallet app
In Atomic Wallet, you can easily send (and receive) blockchain assets. In this article, we will describe a step by step instruction on how to send an asset.
- Open Atomic Wallet. Always make sure you have our latest release – download from the website.
- You will then see the Wallet with all the assets available. We will make an example with ETH, but that applies to any asset. Click on ETH.
- You will see the details of the coin. Click Send.
Note, that you can switch between the coins you want to send by clicking on the name of the coin.
- Now you see the sending interface. Enter the address of the recipient. We recommend to use copy-paste and not type the address manually.
Note: transactions on the blockchain are irreversible. Once made, it can't be reverted. Please double-check the address of the receiver and the amount you want to send.
- Enter the amount you want to send. You can enter the amount both in cryptocurrency or in USD. Press Send All if you want to send all of the available balance.
Your available balance is written underneath the field for entering the amount.
- Important: every cryptocurrency transaction on the blockchain requires a network fee. The amount of the fee is written under the available balance. You can adjust the network fee by clicking Set Fee. Then click Send.
Note: Atomic Wallet doesn’t take any fees on sending/receiving operations. The network fees are paid solely to miners to include the transaction in the block.
- Then enter your password and click Confirm.
- After a few seconds, you will see a confirmation page. Here you can find the transaction hash. Click on it to track your transaction on the block explorer.
Then you can track your transaction in the coin's details or in the History section of the wallet.
- Navigate through the left sidebar and click History.
- Your last transaction will be first on the list. Click on it to see more details: hash and address of the receiver. You can click on the hash to see the transaction on the block explorer.
Instant transactions are now live in Atomic Wallet! Check this video to see how it works.
How to send an asset in the mobile Atomic Wallet app
Sending assets is very easy with Atomic Wallet. After creating a new wallet or restoring one, your wallet will open on the main Wallet page. Then follow the instructions.
- Choose the asset from the asset list. You can use the search field on the top. We will make an example with BTC but that’s true for any other asset. Click on BTC.
- You will see coin info and Send/Receive interface. Click on Send button.
- You will see the address field, your available balance, and the amount field.
- Tap to paste the address of the receiver or use a QR-code scanner. Enter the amount or use Send All button to send all of the available balance (excluding the network fee).
After entering the amount you will see the network fee you are paying for the transaction.
- Check all the information before sending and click Send X amount.
- Confirm the transaction with your password. Click Confirm.
- Success! You’ve just sent an asset. You will be presented with the hash, that you can search on the block explorer. Click Back to go back to the wallet.
- You can then see your outcoming transaction on the coin info page. Check our guide on how to track the transaction in History.