How do I export my GRS private keys?
Warning: Groestlcoin (GRS) has been delisted from Atomic Wallet due to a lack of demand on January 30th, 2023.
After GRS has been delisted, you will not be able to see your balance, send, or receive the coin in Atomic Wallet. If you haven't sent out your GRS before January 30th, 2022, you will need to export your GRS private keys into another wallet and manage your funds from there.
- Getting your GRS private key
- How do I export my GRS private key to Electrum-GRS?
- A note regarding different versions of Atomic Wallet
Getting your GRS private key
The GRS private keys are no longer available in the newest versions of the app. In order to get your GRS private key you will need to download an older version of the app first. Uninstall your current version of the app (remember to save your 12-word phrase!). Here's where you can find the older versions:
Note: since Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to be installed on their devices, we recommend all our iOS users to use a desktop PC for this procedure.
After you've uninstalled the current version of the app and installed the older one, you can get your GRS private key.
- Launch the older version of the app and go to 'Settings', and select the 'Private Keys' tab;
- Enter your password, and click on the 'SHOW PRIVATE KEYS' button;
- Type 'GRS' in the search, and click to copy your GRS private key;
How do I export my GRS private keys to Electrum-GRS?
In order to import the GRS private key to Electrum-GRS please follow the steps below:
- Download Electrum-GRS, install it, and open it;
- Set up a wallet name and click 'Next';
- On the next screen select the 'Import Groestlcoin addresses or private keys' option and click 'Next';
- Paste the GRS private key you copied from Atomic Wallet and click 'Next;
- Set up a strong password and click 'Next';
- You're all set! You can now manage your GRS from Electrum-GRS wallet.
A note regarding different versions of Atomic Wallet
After you have done everything and got your GRS into Electrum, you will want to reinstall the current version of Atomic Wallet, there's no need to keep the old one. However, simply updating to a newer version may not be the best course of action since it might have some issues with the stability and performance of the app if you go this route. We recommend completely uninstalling Atomic Wallet once again and then making a clean installation. After the current version of the app has been installed, simply restore your wallet using your 12-word phrase.
- Save your 12-word backup phrase on a piece of paper - How to view your private keys/backup phrase? Do not proceed until you are 100% sure your 12-word phrase is written down.
- Uninstall the wallet - How do I uninstall Atomic Wallet?
- Install the wallet again - Link to the official website.
- Restore the wallet using your 12-word backup phrase - How to restore from a 12-word backup?