How do I update my wallet app and why should I?
We, as Atomic Wallet Team, are constantly working on improving the performance of our wallet. Adding more coins, fixing bugs, implementing new features, improving stability and UI – it's a continuous process. Once enough improvements have been made, we release a new update.
We always recommend our users to update their wallets as soon as the new version is available. Older versions will not have all the new features and have some old bugs.
How to update the wallet?
The easiest way to update the wallet is by clicking the link in the wallet itself suggesting to update when the new release is out.
- Open the wallet. If your version is not updated you will see the message New version is available. Click on Update now;
- The loading will start automatically. It takes a couple of seconds. Once it's done, you'll be offered to restart the wallet;
- Then you will be able to access your wallet by entering your password.
Another option is to download the new version from our website and open it on your computer. The new version will replace the old one. You will be able to open the wallet with your password.
If you upgrade from 1.39.1 version or older you need to save your 12-word backup phrase before the upgrade and restore the new version of the wallet with your backup phrase. The reason for that is a completely new core of v2.xx. DO NOT start the upgrade without keeping your 12-word backup saved. This may result in the loss of your funds.
- Go to our website;
- Click Download;
- Choose the version for your operating system;
- The download will start automatically. Then simply open the application on your computer and enter the password.
- Go to GooglePlay or AppStore (depending on the platform you're using);
- Find Atomic Wallet;
- Tap 'Update';
The app will update and you'll be able to use the newest version!
Another option that is available for Android is to download the APK from our website and install the app manually.
- Go to our website;
- Click 'Download';
Select the 'Download APK' option. You can download it directly through your mobile browser or via PC and transfer the APK to your smartphone via USB or other means;
Find the APK on your smartphone;
Tap the APK file. You will be offered to update the app. Tap 'Update';
After a couple of seconds you'll be notified that the app has been updated. You can now use the newest version of the app!