How to restore the wallet by 12-word backup phrase?
There are some situations when you may need to restore the wallet by using the 12-word backup phrase. For example, if you lost access to your funds. Or you want to install an existing wallet on a new device. In this article, we cover how to restore the wallet step by step.
Important: Your 12-words is the only secure access to your funds. We recommend to store it offline on paper in two different places. Never share your 12-words with anyone (including us)!
- Download the latest version of Atomic Wallet from https://atomicwallet.io/downloads.
- Launch the app.
- Click Restore from Backup.
- Check if you have your 12-word backup phrase near you and you are all set up to input it.
- Type your 12-word recovery phrase word by word with spaces. Make sure you don’t have space before the first word and after the last. Check for capital letters. Re-read the phrase and press Restore.
- Then set your password. We recommend having different passwords even if you want to have the same wallet on multiple devices. Choose a unique and secure one. It is better to use passwords manager like KeePass. Then click Set Password.
- Enable/Disable logs collection in the next window. We collect this data solely to improve the work of the wallet. It is completely anonymous.
- Allow the wallet a couple of seconds to load
- And you are ready to use Atomic!
Need some help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide quick and friendly support 24/7.