AWC migration to BSC
Due to the recent hard fork of BNB Beacon Chain Mainnet AWC is migrating to Binance Smart Chain. This article covers everything you need to know about the upcoming migration.
Why is AWC migrating to BSC?
The recent hardfork of BNB Beacon Chain Mainnet no longer allows for BEP-2 tokens (current AWC token standard) to be exchanged on Binance DEX. As of right now, it is impossible to exchange your AWC for BNB. Migrating AWC to BSC solves this issue and allows AWC to be exchanged on other exchange platforms which support BEP-20 tokens (also known as BSC tokens). We are planning to list AWC on DeFi platforms, such as PancakeSwap. Best of all, BSC AWC will be available for exchange directly within our wallet!
- The first step of the migration process is minting 50 million BSC-based AWC tokens.
- After BSC AWC has been minted, a swap service will be set up, allowing users to swap their BEP-2 AWC tokens for BSC AWC tokens.
- Our cashback program will be switched to BSC AWC.
- Staking of BSC AWC will be implemented via smart contracts or with farming pools.
- BEP-2 AWC staking and cashback rewards will be phased out.
All the steps of the process will be completed by the end of this year.
Cashback and staking rewards
During migration, you will continue to receive rewards for staking AWC in the form of BEP-2 AWC tokens, the same way you've been receiving them before. The same goes for the cashback rewards. After the migration is complete, you will start receiving rewards for staking and cashback with BSC AWC.
What do I need to do to swap my AWC?
For now, you don't need to do anything. As mentioned above, we expect to complete the migration process by the end of 2022. Once the aforementioned swap service has been set up, we'll have a more detailed guide on how to proceed.
Meanwhile, stay tuned and subscribe to our news channel!