How do I reset my password?
If you forget your password – don’t worry. Although Atomic Wallet Team won’t be able to provide it back to you as we don’t store any of your private data, you can still access your wallet. As long as you have your 12-word phrase – you can always access your funds. We recommend storing your backup phrase offline in two different places. And never share it with anybody.
- In the starting screen, click Restore from backup;
- Type your 12-word backup phrase into the field. Double-check for extra spaces, capital letters (there should be none), and typos. Click 'Restore Wallet' to continue;
- Come up with a new password. We recommend using different ones for every device you have your wallet on. Type it again to confirm it. Click 'Set Password' when you're done;
Wait for a couple of seconds for the wallet to reload your coins;
- Voila, you're all set!
- On the start-up screen, tap 'Restore';
- Type your 12-word backup phrase into the field. Double-check for extra spaces, capital letters (there should be none), and typos.
Alternatively, you can just scan the QR code of your backup phrase by tapping on the QR code symbol. See How do I restore my wallet with a QR-code? for step-by-step instructions.
- After you've pasted (or typed) or scanned your 12-word phrase, tap 'Restore';
- Come up with a new password. Type it or paste it and tap 'Set';
Type or paste your password again and tap 'Confirm';
Give the wallet a couple of seconds to load your coins;
That's it! You can now access your wallet again.
If something's wrong (for example, your wallet is empty), please see I restored my wallet, but my balance is zero to find out what may be wrong.