How do I create a EOS account?
When you create a new Atomic Wallet, the EOS account is not created automatically. You need to go through the process of EOS account creation. In simple words, you will need to create an account and deposit 0.8 EOS as a fee for account initiation. Partly this fee will be used to pay for the activation, partly to buy EOS resources and partly will appear on your balance. If you want to know more about EOS as an asset, check our FAQ.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate your account.
- Choose EOS from the coin list.
- Come up with an account name or have the system generate it for you. Use the tips to create it on your own or click Generate Account Address. Then click Next.
- You will now see the following instructions. The next step is to send 0.8 EOS to the contact address accountcreat. You also need to specify your Memo ID.
Note: Memo ID is very important. It is unique for your address name and it needs to be specified when making a deposit.
- The easiest way to activate your account and deposit 0.8 EOS is to use exchange ChangeNow. Through their service, you can exchange any asset that you have to EOS, therefore activate your address. First, navigate to their website https://changenow.io/.
- Choose any asset that you hold to exchange to EOS. We will make an example with ETH. Please choose the amount that will equal 0.8 EOS or more! Then click Exchange.
- You will see the following interface.
- Recipient wallet is accountcreat. EOS MEMO is memo id from the wallet. In this case ptmlekgn1g2i-EOS6MKE7PUr11PHEAiPVccjyuwqLYZii6WDpQb1p1hwwfdqj3eRTc.
Note: if you will send your EOS without memo ID you won’t activate your address.
And click Next.
- Check the details of your exchange and click Confirm.
- Once the exchange is completed, you will be able to see your activated account. The remaining EOS will appear on the balance.
Important: Note, that 0.8 EOS will be partly paid for account activation and partly converted to RAM. You should have remaining ~ 0.118 EOS on your account.
You can track your account on the block explorer and see how much resources you have.