How to create a EOS account?
When you create a new Atomic Wallet, the EOS account is not created automatically. You need to go through the process of EOS account creation. In simple words, you will need to create an account and deposit 0.8 EOS as a fee for account initiation. Partly this fee will be used to pay for the activation, partly to buy EOS resources and partly will appear on your balance. If you want to know more about EOS as an asset, check our FAQ.
Here is a step by step guide on how to activate your account.
- Open Atomic Wallet.
- Choose EOS from the coin list and click on it.
- You will see an interface to create your EOS account. Enter your account name. Use the tips to create it on your own or click Generate Account Address. Then click Next.
- You will now see the following instructions. The next step is to send 0.8 EOS to the contact address accountcreat. You also need to specify your memo id.
Note: Memo ID is very important. It is unique for your address name and it needs to be specified when making a deposit.
- You can deposit EOS from any exchange like Bitfinex, Huobi, OkEx, OceanEX or any other existing wallet or service. We will make an example with OceanEX. Please note, that Binance doesn't support EOS account activation!
First, you need to set up an account on OceanEX and deposit EOS. Then click on Withdraw.
- Then find EOS. You will see the following interface.
- EOS Withdrawal Address is accountcreat. EOS MEMO is memo id from the wallet. In this case ptmlekgn1g2i-EOS6MKE7PUr11PHEAiPVccjyuwqLYZii6WDpQb1p1hwwfdqj3eRTc.
Enter the amount 1 EOS (mind the transaction fee. The minimal withdrawal is 1 EOS, you will have 0.8 EOS for activation, 0.1 EOS for the transaction fee and another 0.1 EOS will be staked as a resource to your account).
Note: if you will send your EOS without memo ID you won’t activate your address.
And click Submit.
- Once the transaction is completed, you will be able to see your activated account. The remaining EOS will appear on the balance.
Important: Note, that 0.8 EOS will be partly paid for account activation and partly converted to RAM. You should have remaining ~ 0.118 EOS on your account.
You can track your account on the block explorer and see how much resources you have
Need some help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide quick and friendly support 24/7.