How to create a EOS account?
When you create a new Atomic Wallet, the EOS account is not created automatically. You need to go through the process of EOS account creation. In simple words, you will need to create an account and deposit 0.8 EOS as a fee for account initiation. Partly this fee will be used to pay for the activation, partly to buy EOS resources and partly will appear on your balance. If you want to know more about EOS as an asset, check our FAQ.
Here is a step by step guide on how to activate your account.
- Open Atomic Wallet.
- Search for EOS. And click Create Account.
- You will be asked to create your account name. Use the tips to create it on your own or click Generate Account Address.
- After generating your account address click Next.
- You will see the name of the contract address accountcreate and memo ID.
Note: Memo ID is very important. It is unique for your address name and it needs to be specified when making a deposit.
- The next step is to deposit 0.8 EOS to activate your account. You can do it from any exchange like Binance, Bitfinex, Huobi, OkEx or any other existing wallet or service. We will make an example with Binance.
Click on Fund and choose Withdrawals.
- Now fill in the info:
EOS Withdrawal Address is accountcreat.
EOS Withdrawal MEMO is memo id from the wallet.
Enter the amount 0.8 EOS (mind the transaction fee. For Binance it is currently 0.1 EOS, so you need to send 0.9 EOS).
Note: if you will send your EOS without memo ID you won’t activate your address.
And click Submit.
- Check that your transaction is successful. Under the Funds ---> Transaction History ---> Withdraw.
- Once the transaction is completed, you will be able to see your activated account. The remaining EOS will appear on the balance.
Important: Note, that 0.8 EOS will be partly paid for account activation and partly converted to RAM. You should have remaining ~ 0.118 EOS on your account.
You can track your account on the block explorer and see how much resources you have
Need some help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide quick and friendly support 24/7.