What can I do with a pending ETH transaction?
Sometimes ETH transactions can get stuck because of a low network fee or the whole network getting overloaded.
Every transaction you send out of your Ethereum wallet gets assigned its own index number, called "nonce" (i.e. " number only used once"). It equals the number of transactions previously sent from your address. The counting starts with 0, as is customary in programming, so the 27th's transaction nonce will amount to 28. To resend or cancel a transaction, you'll need to create another one with the same nonce.
How do I resend my stuck transaction?
Starting with Atomic Wallet v.2.27.0, you can resend any ETH transaction that doesn't get confirmed within 10 minutes.
To do so, go to the Wallet tab on the left sidebar and pick ETH from the coin list. Here, choose the Transactions tab and find the earliest pending transaction in your history. You'll see the Resend button, which will let you create a new transaction with the same nonce. The old one will get the Dropped & Replaced status automatically.
How do I cancel my stuck transaction?
Atomic Wallet doesn't natively offer this option yet. However, you can import your ETH private key into MyCrypto Wallet and cancel your transaction there.
- Go to MyCrypto Wallet's download page.
- Download and install the app for your OS.
- Open the wallet once it's downloaded. Click on Private Key.
- In Atomic Wallet, pick the Settings tab on the left sidebar.
- Pick the Private keys tab in the top panel and enter your password.
- Search for ETH and copy your private key.
- Switch back to the MyCrypto app. Paste your key into the field and click Unlock.
- You'll see the transaction sending interface. Enter the same address and amount you've used for the transaction you want to cancel.
Once you're done, click on Advanced.
- In your Atomic Wallet, go to the History tab on the left sidebar. Browse through your transaction history.
Once you find the transaction you want to cancel, click on it and copy its nonce.
- Go back to your MyCrypto app. Paste the nonce into the Nonce field and click on Send transaction.
- That's it! The initial transaction's status will now change to Dropped&Replaced.