How to have one wallet on multiple devices?
Let’s say you want to have one synchronized wallet both on your desktop and mobile. Or you have multiple computers and want to be able to manage the same wallet from all of them. The short answer is: You need to restore the existing wallet with 12-word recovery phrase on all the other devices you want to have it on. That’s because all your private keys and public addresses are generated from one recovery phrase. Same phrase – same wallet. For the detailed guide – keep reading.
- I have a desktop wallet and I want to sync it with my mobile wallet.
Important: If you already have a mobile wallet this procedure will erase it. We suggest to first move all of your assets to the desktop version of the wallet, that you already have.
- Make sure that you have saved your 12-word backup phrase offline in a safe place and you have it at hand at the time of the procedure. How to view your recovery phrase in the wallet.
- Open Google Play Store and download the latest version of the mobile wallet.
Note: if you already have a mobile wallet that you want to sync with desktop wallet, send all your assets to the desktop wallet first. The restoring procedure will erase the existing wallet.
- Open the wallet on your mobile and click Restore from the backup.
- Then proceed to type your 12-word phrase in order, making spaces between the words and with no capital letters.
- Let the wallet load for a couple of seconds.
- Then enter your password. We recommend generating a secure and unique password. Don’t use the same password as used for the desktop version. Then click Set.
That’s it – your mobile and desktop wallets are synced!
- I have a mobile version of the app and I want to sync it with a desktop version.
- First – make sure you have your 12-word recovery phrase from a mobile phone at hand (and also stored safely offline). Check how to view your private keys/backup phrase on mobile.
- Follow the steps in our guide on how to restore the desktop wallet.
Note: this instruction also applies to the situation when you have a desktop version and want to have the same wallet on another computer.
Need some help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide quick and friendly support 24/7.