What to do with a pending transaction?
Sometimes Ethereum transactions as well as transactions with ERC20 tokens can be stuck on the blockchain with a pending status. The reason for that can be a low network fee (low gas price). If you manually set the network fee lower than the default recommended fee in the network, it may take a much longer time for the transaction to be confirmed. What to do if your transaction is stuck with a pending status? In easy words, you need to resend the transaction with the same nonce number. Nonce – is an identification number of transaction on your address. We recommend using Mycrypto wallet for that. Here is our guide.
- Go to https://mycrypto.com/account.
- Choose Private Key option.
- Click on Download the wallet.
- After downloading the wallet for your OS. Run the application. And choose the Private Key option again.
- Then open Atomic Wallet and click on Settings.
- Then click on Private keys and enter your password.
- Find ETH and copy the private key.
- Paste the private key into the MyCrypto respective field and click Unlock.
- You will see the field for sending an ETH transaction. Simply enter all the same data of the pending transaction. The address and amount to send. Then click Advanced.
- Next step: specify the nonce number. Find the initial pending transaction on the block explorer. You can search for your address on etherscan.io.
- Click on the transaction to see the details. Press Click to see more details.
- Find the number of the nonce. Copy it.
- Past the number of the nonce on MyCrypto and click Send transaction.
- That's it! Your transaction is now sent and the initial transaction will have a new status: Dropped&Replaced.
Need some help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide quick and friendly support 24/7.