XMR key import
XMR nodes can work unstable causing issues with accessing your funds and viewing balances. In any such case, your funds are always safely stored on the blockchain and aren't lost in any way. While we constantly improve the stability of this coin, there are times when you need to access your funds immediately. This guide explains the key import from Atomic to an official XMR wallet GetMonero.
- Go to https://www.getmonero.org/ and click Downloads.
- Download the GUI wallet for your OS.
- Run the program.
- Choose Restore wallet from keys or mnemonic seed.
- First, specify the wallet name and location. Then choose to Restore from keys.
- Then navigate to your Atomic Wallet. Go to Settings ---> Private keys.
- Find XMR. Copy your Address, View Private Key, Spend Key and past to corresponding fields in GetMonero.
- Next important step is to specify restore height. Find your XMR transactions in Atomic Wallet. Find the incoming transaction that forms your current balance (or the first one of them). Click on the hash.
- Find the block height on the block explorer and past it in the Restore height field in GetMonero. This will ensure that only the necessary blocks will be scanned, avoiding long waiting.
- ALTERNATIVELY: put the block height 1. The scanning time will be longer, but you will see your balance.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password and then click Open wallet.
- You need to wait until the blocks will be scanned. The time waiting can vary individually. You will then see your balance.